A fee? I'm outa here!

At least that seemed to be this Scrub jay’s attitude at Ridgefield NWR the other day. It flew toward the exit when it left, but then Jays have always been scofflaws.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

This was a pain to straighten because the post and sign aren’t square with one another. I finally used the post as a vertical. Does that work?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything that strikes you.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 388 mm, hand held, f/8, 1/3200, iso 1000, manual exposure. This is a combination of two frames, one of which had the entire sign and the other of which had my favorite pose. They were easily combined by hand.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Great find and symbolism, Dennis. To my eye, it looks more natural if you use the top of the sign as the level part in this. My mind sees it as a horizon and it looks better to me that way. I really don’t notice the posts not being perfectly vertical.

Thanks, Harley. I was too focused on the parallel between the post and near edge of the frame, I think. Their sloppiness sins my old engineer’s soul.

No worries about right angles here - what matters is the jay’s attitude !!!:grinning:

Straightened on top of sign for Harley. I hadn’t realized I was at that much of an angle to the sign, but it was just a grab shot.