A Few BlackBirds at Sunrise

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any that you have.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any that you have.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

I like simple images. This was just a gift to have these blackbirds posed on an old snag at Bosque Del Apache during a lovely sunrise. Cropped the image to pano to help accentuate the feel and remove part of the solid black foreground. Colors as seen in the image with a tiny boost in vibrance (5 points).

Interested to hear if this works for you.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Gorgeous sunrise and it was nice of the Blackbirds to cooperate and fill that perch so well.

Excellent colors and silhouette. Your blackbirds were pretty cooperative with their positioning. I might want to look at this with slightly less space on the right and perhaps more on the top and left to decenter the image a bit. This is a nice crop but I might want to see a less centered version.

Definitely works for me. Great sunset and I like the way the birds are nicely spaced across the snag. Would agree with David about cropping some off the right, I think the snag would create more of a leading line.