A Glacier in the Clouds

This isn’t a new image. In fact it’s several years old, but I just recently completely re-processed it. I don’t have very many new landscape images (because I’m working on a time-lapse film project) and I am a bit worried about forgetting my Photoshop skills so I at least try to re-process some of my old images every now and then with newer techniques I’ve learned.

Thank you for looking!

9 Likes

A unique and stunning view Tom. The clouds add an ethereal mood and the “S” curve is a great lead in.

1 Like

That’s quite the cool image, Tom. Very moody.

1 Like

well processed

1 Like

Tom,

Wow, Eva was right when she said this unique and stunning. I agree. The angle of view with the glacial river being framed by the clouds does make this unique. The inclusion of forest greener works perfectly to help put it all in context.

Well done on the processing too.

1 Like

Eva took the words right out of my mouth, what an ethereal feeling you have created in this image. The S-curve is great, but what really grabs me is the spotlighting on the foreground trees, it provides a nice splash of color in this otherwise moody image. Great work here…

1 Like

A great peek at the power and beauty of the glacier. The clouds work well as a curtain here, and the trees in the lower left gives us a good sense of scale.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments everyone! Much appreciated!

I also love the feeling on this one. The trees in the LR have just the right amount of light on them to make them not distracting but a tasty treat to see after the eyes land on the main subject of the well framed glacier.

Well done @Tom_Nevesely!

1 Like

Tom, I agree with the points about the uniqueness and how stunning this image is. More importantly for me is your comment and statement on your efforts to return to older images and reprocess with your improvements, overall skills, or even new ideas in your Photoshop usage. Well done here and continue to pursue your thoughts for reworking older images…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Tom, this is a really dramatic scene with the misty atmosphere and the FG trees as an anchor. I particularly like the s-curve and the blues in the glacier. You mentioned time lapse, so I’m sure you know about James Balog and the Chacing Ice documentary, which was a real eye opener for me.

1 Like

Love the foggy bookends to the glacier. Such an atmospheric image!

1 Like

Love the blues and the splash of light on the foreground trees is perfect.

1 Like

I love this, Tom! The fog and light give it a special mood and the slope with trees gives it depth and a 3D effect. I think you processed it just right. It’s very realistic without exaggeration. The large version has great presence and fine detail. Very, very nice image!

1 Like

Congratulations on the Editors Pick. This is well deserving.

1 Like

Thank you Igor! I must say that I am really flattered!

Glad that you decided to work on this image - it is truly wonderful!

1 Like

Ace image Tom!! Really nicely captured and processed

1 Like
Back
Forward