A new way to post images

@David_Kingham I figured out how to get the avian selection in the new form, but it keeps truncating the text in my posts. Maybe I’m just too verbose, but it doesn’t seem to allow for a whole lot. Here’s a screen shot of the information I’d entered in the new form for a post I just did.

And here’s what showed up in the old form when I hit “continue”:

Aha! Thank you so much for posting that Dennis. The ampersand (&) is the problem! I will talk to the developers about getting this fixed, for now just don’t use any ampersands and I think your problem will go away.

hi david,

i just filled out the new upload form. on completion it took me to the standard “create topic” form but most of the information i had previously put in was gone.
the image was there. as was the description. the specific feedback was cut off after the first paragraph. technical details were gone entirely.

cheers,
joerg

Thanks @David_Kingham. I’ll give that a try later today.

While I appreciate the continued work on the site, the new uploader feels a bit anachronistic, like a step back in time to me. I found the old uploader more efficient and more modern.

Hi @David_Kingham I tried a post in Human and Fauna today without any ampersands and it still truncated. In this case immediately before a question mark. There was a whole section left. Here’s a screen shot of what went into the old form:

Thanks Dennis, I think we’ve narrowed it down to & and ? causing the problems, other symbols seem to be okay. The ampersand could be worked around, but the question mark is going to cause a lot of problems, so I think I’ll pull the plug on this again until I can get this resolved. Frustrating, but I appreciate the testing and we’re getting close to something usable! Thank you everyone for your patience, there are some things that are hard to test until you put them out into the wild.

1 Like

This issue has been resolved so I have brought the form back. For anyone that does not like it, please keep in mind that you can always use the classic composer (it’s an option in the dropdown)

1 Like