Abstract cloud in New Mexico

What technical feedback would you like if any?any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All

Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very intriguing. Moon? Stars. Taken from moving vehicle? more than one shot? (3 maybe?) Whatever, really creative.

1 Like

This image grabed my eyes for some time just trying to figure out how it was made.
As @Jim_Gavin I too thought of a moving vehicle and a long exposure to make that light painting.
I think the only thing I don’t like to much it’s that line, it distracts a bit. Other then that it’s a good image with some interesting ICM.
Thanks for sharing,
Cheers

1 Like

I could have removed the line but I just left it there because this is an untouched photo and yes it is a photo in motion thank you for your interest

1 Like

As always it’s just personal taste, if it is left there on the sake of keeping the image untouched then it’s just fine by me :wink:
It’s still a very interesting image.
Cheers

1 Like

I did remove it lol. You’re so right, its much better removed. Cheers!

Brian,

Wow, quite “extra terrestrial…” I can just imagine little Drew Barrymore’s face squished up against the window… :wink:

Very cool photo. It’s taken me a number of views and the comments to figure this one out. I’m assuming/guessing that it’s a light pole/street light you’re passing by with a long enough exposure and the moving vehicle to create the effect. But no matter how, the end result is well, just pretty cool.

And really considering the abstract nature of this you’re free to remove or leave in, any of the elements. For me, it’s the little green orb (lens flare?) that distracts most. then again, it could be a second moon… only left to the imagination.

Lon

1 Like

Hi Lon, thanks for your comment. No light pole, as this is in the desert of New Mexico . To tell you the truth not sure how it happened. A mystery to me :wink:

I like the way you’ve turned that cloud into the mother ship. I’d suggest you crop a bit from the top. I personally don’t think you need that much empty space up there. This image is fun and unusual.

Very cool, looks a reflection from inside the vehicle centered perfectly on the cloud. :grinning: