Always look both ways before crossing the river

The Little Blue was photographed from the Zodiac, in the One Mile River Old Lyme, Ct. on Aug. 1, at 9:46 AM. This year I have seen more Little & Great Blues in Old Lyme then in the past two years.
Thank You for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, f7.1, 600mm, 1/2000, ISO 1000. The shot was cropped by 55% and I reduced the highlights, increased the contrast, increased both vibrance & saturation. I also used local control points to darken the green grass in the background.

Great catch here, Peter. The eye is so sharp it really stands out. Nice positioning of the bird in the frame too. No nits from me. Very good image.

Excellent detail. I agree with David, the eye is tack sharp. My only nit would be to wish for more contrast between the tip of the bill and the background.

Hi David & Allen
Thank you for the comments. Allen I went back to this photo and add two control points. The first to bring up the exposure on the bill without making it look out of the norm for a Little Blue and the next one to lower the background behind the bill.
Peter

2 Likes

Really good sharpness on this one with the eyes really standing out. The colors are also nice and soft and you can see the subtleties of the birds plumage well. The OOF “line” in the water behind the birds back is a bit distracting and I might brighten it up a bit.

Excellent title on this one. Good job on the composition and detail.