Amazing Earth

Amazing Earth

A bird’s eye aerial view of just one small area depicting the strange and magnificent desert areas of the American Southwest. Even with a fair amount of research on Google Earth prior to my trip to this area, I was still pleasantly surprised at the color palette on display, accentuated by early morning light.

9 Likes

Wonderful Ken! Looking at this takes me well beyond the magic of closeup views. Anyone looking at it can have little doubt as to why we choose to spend months each year in the Southwest.

1 Like

Nice! The colors, depth and all the shapes are amazing!

1 Like

Great shot, Ken ! At a small size it has an abstract appeal, seen in large view it brings out superbly the powerful formations in the landscape.

1 Like

I love the color, shapes, and how you arranged them. Really wonderful photo of this area, Ken.

1 Like

Great observation, Ian…thanks!

Wow, Ken. All the layers and colors leaves me, to quote Jerry Lee Lewis, “breathless-ah” and it looks like nothing I’ve ever seen. Amazing !

1 Like

Yep, Hank, I agree. I can’t get enough of the Colorado Plateau!

Thanks Sarah! Yea, Mom Nature really provided a sweet scene. I just had to trip the shutter.

1 Like

I felt the same way Bill when I was shooting this area. Couldn’t believe it was real!

Only one word for this image… AWESOME!

1 Like

Amazing large scale abstract Ken. I love the kaleidoscope of color and shapes.

1 Like

Stunning. I moved to Utah from Germany 5 years ago and my love for the Colorado plateau is just as strong.

2 Likes

I too am in awe and in love with it. Ron

Back
Forward