Anastasia Green Chrysanthemum

What technical feedback would you like if any? General feedback about the image.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Same as above

Any pertinent technical details: Nikon D-850 Nikon 105mm f/2.8 1/500 f/3 ISO200 1/3EV White Balance Auto Processed in Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC, TK and NIK

Flowers are a new lane for me. My wife, Dianne has jumped into photography with both feet. She tends to lean toward Macro and this flower was among a bouquet she purchased to shoot in our courtyard. (I guess you would consider our courtyard an extension of a studio. Since these were cut flowers, considering it as in our garden is likely not accurate despite it being shot among our garden plants.). You no doubt know about the amount of rain we have experienced this past few months. This medium has allowed us to shoot between showers and often inside the house.

Dianne’s vision is stretching me outside my comfort zone.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I like your choice of composition here. Might consider a little more dof on the mum, but that’s a personal vision for the photographer. The light “fog” around the flower is a little distracting but otherwise a great image.

1 Like

Like what you’ve done here very much. The flower hits you nicely in the eye and the bg works well for me. Might just take down the bright centre a little, but overall this conveys a sense of growth very effectively.

Thank you so much Ian.

Patrick: This works very well for me as is. I like your DOF/POF choice and the overall comp. Shooting flowers and macro is 95% of my shooting because there are great subjects always close at hand. :+1::clap:>=))>

1 Like