As the storm arrived

region_southwest
type_grand-landscape
As the storm arrived

(Mark Seawell) #1

Antelope Island in Utah is a wonder. I always prefer it in winter because of the lack of people and moments like this…as the storm arrived.

Fuji X-T2
Fuji 55-200mm
Adobe Lightroom SEP

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

(Tony Siciliano) #2

Fabulous image!

(Mark Seawell) #3

Thanks Tony!

(Hank Pennington) #4

Mark, that evokes the best in the long tradition of landscape photography. I could look at it all day. Very well done.

(Tony Siciliano) #5

I grew up in Salt Lake City and cut my teeth in photography taking a BW darkroom course at the U in 1970. At that time there were still ruins from the old resort called Saltair on the shores of the lake, and I spent a lot of time there photographing them and Antelope Island. Unfortunately, the photos are long gone…

(Mark Seawell) #6

I arrived in Utah just over 4 years ago and now live in Ogden and work On the base. Utah is breathtakingly beautiful

(Mark Seawell) #7

Thanks Hank! It has been rather moody the last few days here in northern Utah.

(Alan Kreyger) #8

Mark, thanks again for sharing this beautiful moody BW scene. The clouds are quite stunning,

(Mark Seawell) #9

You are more than welcome Alan! Funny how I got the best shot…while I was leaving! :wink:

Mark

(Ben van der Sande) #10

I like the B&W very much, I can’t say I have ever seen such a frightening here in the netherlands. The good chosen contrast made this story. Well made Mark.

(Mark Seawell) #11

Bedank Ben!

Mark

(Laura Zirino) #12

That is gorgeous!

(Mark Seawell) #13

Thank you Laura! I was fortunate to be there while it was so moody!

Mark

(Mark Seawell) #14

Thanks Hank and what a lovely compliment! Being in Utah affords me the opportunity for some stunning vistas. Sorry for the late response.

Back
Forward