Autumn in Acadia
Limited to 8 participants per session
A $500/person non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a spot on this trip. The final balance is due on or before August 1, 2018. Reserve now by Adding to Cart and completing the registration information:
For photographers, there may be no better time than autumn to capture the magic of Acadia National Park!
Join acclaimed instructor and outdoor photographer Colleen Miniuk-Sperry (who is also the author/photographer of the award-winning guidebook, Photographing Acadia National Park: The Essential Guide to When, Where, and How, former three-time Acadia Artist-in-Residence) on this unforgettable educational photography workshop, where you’ll have the chance to capture iconic photographs synonymous with Acadia - the rising sun from Cadillac Mountain, John D. Rockefeller’s historic carriage roads, and the classic Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse – at the height of fall colors.
In an learning-intensive, supportive, and small group setting, where pushing ourselves to try new things will be encouraged, attendees will learn more about how to:
- Incorporate the creative process into your photography to make unique and meaningful images
- Connect more deeply with Acadia’s grand and intimate landscapes through mindful observations
- Tap into visualization, visual language/composition, and lighting techniques to create unique and emotional visual expressions
- Technically translate what you know, see, and feel into an effective photograph using exposure controls, depth of field, filters, etc.
- Get immediate feedback on their work in the field and during two image critique sessions
As Colleen helps you get in the right places at the best times to catch luminous fall colors, thunderous waves crashing against the rocky shoreline, and inspiring historical locations across Acadia. Put a new spin on favorite Acadian scenes like Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, Cadillac Mountain, Eagle Lake, Jordan Pond, and Boulder Beach. Explore the kaliedoscope of color as the season changes in places like the Tarn, Sieur de Monts, and Duck Brook.
As you enjoy classic scenes and lesser-known photogenic locations through your own individual lens, you’ll bring home a stunning new nature portfolio of spectacular autumn and coastal scenes based on your unforgettable experience in Acadia!
Physical Requirements: Best suited for mobile, sure-footed participants who are capable of hiking up to two-miles roundtrip on uneven, rocky terrain while carrying their gear. Some steeper, stair-step-like climbs are necessary to access places like Boulder Beach, Newport Cove, and Bubble Rock. Participants may encounter slick, wet rocks along the coast and during inclement weather.
Cost for this fabulous workshop is $1,995/person which includes :
- Photography instruction (classroom, field, and two critique sessions) plus handouts
- Expert guidance to iconic and off-the-beaten path locations within Acadia
- Acadia National Park CUA permit & park entrance fees
- 4 nights lodging at the Bar Harbor Inn in Bar Harbor (double-occupancy; single occupancy available upon request for an additional $500)
- Continental breakfasts from October 10-13 (session #1) or October 15-18 (session #2) (provided by the Bar Harbor Inn)
- A free autographed copy of Colleen’s award-winning guidebook, " Photographing Acadia National Park: The Essential Guide to When, Where, and How " and eBook (which will be emailed to all participants prior to the workshop to help prepare)
- Airfare to Maine (best airport to fly into is Portland-PWM or Bangor-BGR)
- Transportation to/from/during the workshop
- Participants’ lunches and dinners
- Trip insurance