Autumn Light

Slightly inspired by Paulus Potter

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
In-Camera 6K focus stack.
Panasonic S5, Sigma 45/2.8
PS 22 Topaz Sharpen AI

2 Likes

Lovely bucolic scene. I’ve always like backlit fur on animals like this. Great morning light on the trees gives a sense of peace. I would either crop the top cloud out or content-aware fill it in. That’s the only suggestion I can think of.

1 Like

Perfect word for describing this scene. The warm light really adds to that feeling.

It feels a little tilted, but that may be an illusion due to the angle of that far shore.

What is a “6k focus stack?”

Thank you for your kind words. The image is straight, I used the artificial horizon. Panasonic offers post-focus and focus stacking in their cameras and one can choose whether it is recorded in 4K or 6K format. Much better than time spent in PS and even better than hours in the darkroom…

2 Likes

The light and colors are beautiful. The tree on the right does not work for me. My vote would be to crop it out and balance the remaining trees, like so:

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, that puts the emphasis on the cows, not bad at all because the trees echo the cows, but IMO it loses the landscape. Still, I like this crop as well. However, I meant this as inspired by Paulus Potter; he regularly had a large tree at the edge of his compositions.