Autumn’s Flames & Rework

Original image…

Reworked with a warmer hue….

It’s been pretty overcast or rainy , and the river has been flowing swiftly so I haven’t been able to get the kind of fall reflections I would like so decided to process in a way that would make it look a little more exciting.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything , did I maybe go too far with saturation?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, f/5.3, 1/800, 190mm, ISO 800
Adjusted saturation, exposure, highlights, contrast, flipped image 180.

2 Likes

Like the rework…especially the texture.

1 Like

Wow that’s so great, Vanessa. Well seen in the first place, and I like how you continued that creative push through the processing part, which is often the make or break of a shot like this. Saturation does seem a bit heavy, but it’s the cyan cast that bothers me more. Maybe nudge the slider to the magenta side just a tiny bit.

1 Like

Hi Vanessa! I like your vision for the processing on this image. I think the orange saturation is just a touch too much, but to me, the saturation and contrast in the reflected tree trunks could be reduced to soften the image a little. That would allow the reflected fall color be more prominent in the image.

1 Like

Wow, what a difference, Vanessa. I really like the new processing. And flipping it was a great idea. The saturation is fine to me, because I see this is an abstract creation and it works quite well.

1 Like

Nice work! I could see a version with a bit less contrast, which will reduce saturation, and not sure I wouldn’t prefer the original orientation. Both work, though.

1 Like

Thanks so much, @Mario_Cornacchione ! I’m glad you like what I did with it…I did a rework based on some suggestions, what do you think?

Thanks for your suggestions, @Kris_Smith . Not sure if what I did helps, I brought down the cooler colors and upped the orange, yellow and green to make it warmer and I couldn’t help bring out the brightness and saturation at that end….thanks!

Thanks @Steve_Kennedy for your feedback. I did a rework to adjust the trees a bit and did the saturation with the warmer colors as I wanted the bushes to kind of look like fire. What do you think?

Thanks so much @David_Bostock! I’m glad you like what I did. I did want it to be abstract looking but also kind of to look like flames of fire in the trees. I did a rework to bring out more of the warmer colors but still kept the bushes bright and vibrant. Which one do you like better?

Thanks @Diane_Miller , I did a rework to reduce contrast in the trees but tried to keep the bushes vibrant, kind of thought it looks like fire…

That really looks good Vanessa! The changes make a big difference. Nice work!

1 Like

Thanks so much @Steve_Kennedy! I wasn’t even sure if looked that different!

Looks good! I like the softer contrast with some lessening of the visual power in the darks.