Balsam

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
I am embarking on a new project to use the PiCamera for macrophotography.. The setup is capable of 4.5x magnification. The depth of field is pretty shallow so this image is a focus stack of 10 images using Helicon Focus. My primary goal with this project is to help document the small flowers in a local museum garden, I would also like to explore this technique for artistic abstraction (like to hear your view on whether I have succeeded in the latter with this image).

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Gary: It’s a real treat to have you posting again and you’ve made a really nice return with this image. The large view really brings out the fine and delicate details of the center. I like the comp and color palette as well. Most excellent and welcome back. >=))>

Welcome back, Gary. It’s good to see you posting again. I’ll have to look up that camera-sounds interesting. The detail in the center here is fascinating, and I like the relatively smooth transition to the out of focus area. I do find the dark areas in the lower right corner a bit distracting and I’d be tempted to either crop or clone to eliminate them.