Beachcomber

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Tawas Point, Michigan has sandy beaches that are used by migrating sparrows as a place to rest and find food. This white-crowned sparrow peeked out of the surrounding willows in early morning light.

Specific Feedback

How’s the comp on this one?

Technical Details

Z9 600mm f4 (1/1250 sec at f6.3, ISO 1000) Levels, crop for comp DeNoise, Rubber stamp tool to remove dark spots on sand.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

I think the composition is great Jim. I really like the clean crispness of this image overall. Nice colors and lighting.

1 Like

Hi Jim
I thank you for the Beachcomber, I don’t think I have ever seen one before. I like the framing, eye contact and feather detail. Nice work.
Peter

1 Like

I like the setting and composition. Nice pose and detail on the sparrow. The ones I see out west have a much lighter chest-more whites and tans.

1 Like

Excellent image, Jim. I shouldn’t have been surprised to see this, but I was. We have lots of them out here (a fixture in parking lots in the spring), but I don’t recall ever seeing one on the beach.

1 Like

just looks otherworldly on the beach. Nice work.

1 Like

Hi Jim, love seeing these sparrows. I find them quite photogenic on their own and including one in this unique setting looks great. Fine details, exposure, and composition. TFS.

1 Like