Beam Us Up

I remember when I took this image in the Painted Hills, being struck by the arrangement of the flowers and also by the lines of color.
I favor the black and white version, as one does not need to make sense of all the colors,
and the yellow seems to highlight a conversation between the two flower groups.

Comments very welcome, please.

1 Like

A very creative image, Dick. For me, I definitely prefer the B&W as it kind of relieves the brain of extraneous details in judging the image. The tones in the B&W speak for themselves and really draw me in. The only issue caused by the B&W is that the bright areas of flowers became eye magnets. I think I might consider toning those bright spots down a good bit, or possibly even eliminate them. The composition is excellent and I especially love the “grittiness” of the B&W. Well done.

Thanks @Bill_Chambers I will try it w/o the flowers and with toned down flowers.

1 Like

@Bill_Chambers
Without the flowers, it is pretty much a BW study in lines and shapes. Without a subject, you nudged me off my well worn path. Thanks.
With the flowers the back hill was arguably a backdrop ; without the flowers it was a dark mass, so I lightened the back hill and accented some contours. Few other soft luminescence adjustments throughout.

Hi Dick,

I prefer the B&W and the re-work without the flowers. Now you’e in abstract territory and it works well for me.

1 Like