Between storms

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

This is a multiple exposure with my iPhone that started out with an image of some tree bark. On it went from there, about 4 images later, with the last one being the bare tree branches. It was during a few hours between rain storms when the sun was out and so was I. I liked the impressionistic sky, but am wondering if the branches in the lower left should be cloned out and would like your feedback on that. I was shooting straight up and got the tops of another tree that might be better left out. Thanks for any and all feedback.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Your image immediately called out from among all the others as soon as I went to the website. The (now larger) thumbnail already spoke to its beauty and uniqueness, even if I could not tell exactly why. When I opened the large version - wow!! This is truly gorgeous. The branches on the lower left? Yes, may be it would be better to leave them out, but you can also make the argument that they balance the “empty” upper left corner. I’d leave them. Again, beautiful and original work!

Very cool and artistic. Yes, those lower left branches could go. I don’t see anything else that looks stray.

1 Like

Kathy
I really like how you are pushing the phone Photography. The background on this is just gorgeous. The combination of it with the trees is very striking.

I’m of the camp of taking out the little bit of tree branches in the lower left corner. I don’t thing they glaringly detract though.

Initially thought is is a modern art on canvas. beautifully crafted …very well done
Balan Vinod

Congratulations on a fantastic image. I can’t even take a selfie. Your choice of background goes so well with the tree’s structure.

Just a mesmerizing image!
The sky colours and intrigue of the branches is very compelling.
I agree that the little glob of branches in the LL corner could be removed for an even stronger image.
Marvelous!
Sandy

Fabulous image. Well done! I vote to leave the brances in the lower left. I do think they balance the sky in the upper left.

Kathy, As a late-comer to this image ( I am a new member) I too am mesmerized by the artistic beauty you have created. What wonderful design you have here with the tree/s and background. This surely proves that the camera used is of little significance. Excellence is in the head and heart of the photographer. Yes, I would clone out the branches at bottom left.
Thanks for sharing this masterful image.