Black Saddlebags close up

This male Black Saddlebags, Tramea lacerata, let me stalk in to nearly closest focus, so I could emphasize it’s face and eyes. A 13 shot stack. (7D2, 180mm macro L, 1/125 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod and cable release)

Wow, Mark, that is definitely in his face. Wonderful details, lighting, color, the works. Love everything about it. Sometimes the dragonflies let us get real close, and at other times they can be skittish. So glad he cooperated with you.

Hi, Mark. Terrific details and wonderful colors. Glad he cooperated so well. Very nicely done.

Amazing Mark. I’m just awestruck as to how you were able to get 13 shots?! Very inspiring

Mark: This guy must really have wanted his portrait taken to hold still long enough for you to get the shots for the stack, or perhaps you were holding a fly swatter over him? :wink: Spectacular capture! >=))>

Amazing and wonderful!! Kudos for getting a stack – with that much magnification it’s wonderful to be able to get more DOF.

Hi Mark,

I don’t know how I missed this one! This is one of your best stacks. Very artistic composition. Awesome…Jim

Mark, Great face to face image! Stacking has worked very well. Love the perspective and the details with eyes showing every cell. DOF just enough. The leaves in the foreground also add to the image and form a nice compositional foreground.