Blast from the Past

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

I posted this one several years ago and it is a very unique image. The male soldier is guarding the female to prevent other males from mating. This was a 1/40th second exposure at Iso 500 with the aperture set at f14. I used an off camera flash with a diffuser to put a little sparkle on the beetles. I removed a lot of dust specks, small crop for comp and slightly adjusted Levels for the edits used in post processing. Thanks for looking…Jim

**_Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
1 Like

Jim: Great catch and a superbly crafted image. :+1::+1:>=))>

1 Like

Hey Bill,

Thank you…Jim

I like this very much, not only for the detail, comp and DOF, but for the fascinating peek into insect life as demonstrated in your back story. Good processing also!:grin:

Thank you Phil…Jim

Superb image - and NANPA thought so too - this was a first-place winner in the Macro 2019 Showcase competition - a very big deal.
Congrats again - and good to see it posted again.
Sandy

Thank you Sandy. This one turned out to be a special image for a dirt common beetle…Jim

It is a splendid image, I like the composition and the white flowers on the smooth light background, beautiful contrast with the color of the insects… Everything is excellent here!

Thank you.