Blaze of Glory

Blaze of Glory

The Great Smoky Mountains NP constantly amazes me. Despite the sheer number of visitors it’s still easy to find solitude. Something like 80% of the visitors never touch a trail. Crazyness. Also, if you get up early then you can still hit the busy stops before the CROWD arrives. That said, and running the risk of being cliche, this is another image from the same night as my previous post. I had a brief trip here last May and just returned from another last week.

In all that happened to the world during 2020… this trip, and namely this 1/8th of a second helped keep me moving forward.

A convergance of events brought this image together. A passing storm, a sunset, and some classic Smokies fog. I large print of thing hangs upon my wall. However, I’ve not posted this before… probably, because like a dream, it still seems too good to be true.

Technical Details

Composite: No
1/8 sec @ f/16, ISO 200, +2/3 EV, 300mm

2 Likes

This is an amazing image, it almost looks like the forest is burning. Great light and fog, beautiful work!

1 Like

Holy Cow !!!
One of the most unusual landscape photos I’ve seen. Well done. Like Ruben said, I would have thought it was a wildfire.

1 Like