Book of Runes

I thought the contrast between the bark and the worm trails underneath looked kind of like a book. What enlightened messages have the worms written?

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all honest and constructive critiques are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Camera: Fujifilm X-T3
Lens: Fujifilm 16-80mm f4

ISO: 80
Focal Length: 65.2 mm
Aperture: f/11
Shutter: 1/12 s.

adam.klaum
2 Likes

Seems like our site isn’t doing the enlargements at the moment. I really like this Adam. It does look like a book page. Well done.

I love the contrast in tonalities, shapes and textures here, a perfect image for B&W. I also like how the dividing line is a curve rather than a straight line, it makes the image more dynamic. And that curved edge mimics the worm shapes to some degree too. A beautifully graphic image Adam, great work on this one.

1 Like

Good one. It does look like a book written in some ancient script. Great patterns and tones.

1 Like

Would love to see the larger version. I would put this image on it’s side with the worm side up.

1 Like

I agree with @Igor_Doncov - I think the trails would look more like writing viewed horizontally.My local runologist thinks it says: “Give us more wriggle-room, And we shall return”.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I was able to re-upload the vertical one and threw in a horizontal one as well. They are now both enlarging correctly.

2 Likes