Bougainvillea

Nikon d800, 60 mm, f2.8 at f20, 1/18 sec, ISO 640, handheld.

Background area adjusted darker.

Any comments fair game.

Cheers
Kathy

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
4 Likes

Kathy: I love the subtle color variations and the lighting in this. Superbly crafted image.>=))>

1 Like

Love this Kathy. The color, textures and folds of the petals are compelling. Great composition and choice of subject.

1 Like

This image definitely got my attention. I love the colors and textures. Love the fact that it has sharp focus throughout. I like the black background with this one, setting off the colors. Great balance. The only thing I might have done, is to burn down the center of the lower left white flower, just a tad, for detail. But that’s small nit-pick. Love the shot!

1 Like

Doug
Thanks for the comment. Good idea about that center LL flower. Will give it a try.

This is absolutely beautiful, Kathy. I am not familiar with the flower, but you sure presented it in a way that would sell me on wanting one to enjoy and to photograph. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Shirley
Thank you! This is a bush and there seem to be many kinds. This colors on this one made it my favorite and I did not see as much of this as I saw of a reddish/cranberry type one.

Very lovely and unique. The black background and the processing are wonderful.

1 Like

Excellent processing. I wish my garden bougainvillea looked this good. I have some caterpillars that keep eating the leaves. Grrrr.