Burlap Sack

editors-pick-nn
Burlap Sack

(Igor Doncov) #1

The local fishermen had discarded this sack and it became buried in the sand, This is one of those experimental images where you wonder how people will react.

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

Converted to b&w with Silver Efex Pro and underexposed. The highlights were then raised. Web sharpened with TK.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.

(Harley Goldman) #2

I like it a lot, Igor. Very abstract, very evocative. I really like the B&W decision too. It works quite well with this image.

(Igor Doncov) #3

4 views. I wonder if anyone else will find it in this gallery.

(Alberto Patiño Douce) #4

This person has a very positive reaction to the experiment, Igor. The composition is suggestive of a life that has been (I see a dead horse), and the processing complements the strong compositions. I truly like it!!

(Alberto Patiño Douce) #5

Don’t be impatient…

(Harley Goldman) #6

Non-nature is like being a baseball fan in Europe. There is some following, but it ain’t much. This is a nature photography site, after all. :sunrise_over_mountains:

I like the image and that is all that matters to me. Not sure if that matters to you, though. :slight_smile:

H

(Alberto Patiño Douce) #7

Or a rugby fan in the US :grin:

Thank you Harley for looking after this small corner of NPN. I sometimes feel that it displays more than its share of creativity. Igor’s powerful image is an example of this.

(Ian Wolfenden) #8

Really thought this was an animal skeleton before I opened it up, Igor ! Very evocative image taken from just the right perspective - very well seen

(Sandy Richards-Brown) #9

Igor, Why not post in the critique forum? I believe there are lots more views there, in every category. Can’t speak for anyone else, but, As for me, I just don’t have the time to look in both critique and gallery for each of 9 categories, so I have to limit to critiques.
This looks like a pelican skeleton to me.
Sandy

(Igor Doncov) #10

I go to critique for the comments and the gallery for the images. I only look at NEW in the gallery section since the comments are of little interest. It limits the search by quite a bit. But thanks, your point is well made. I just didn’t think there was much to say about this image in terms of a critique, at least in the technical sense.

(Jim Zablotny) #11

Hi Igor,

I found this image in this obscure NPN gallery and glad that I found it. Wonderful textures and very pleasing comp. Well done…Jim

Back
Forward