BW lupines

What technical feedback would you like if any? any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any and all. does this have any impact to the viewer? just trying to do something different.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 400 20 mm f22 1.3 secs

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I like how you’re challenging the viewers with a monochrome version of a lupine alpine image no doubt were so used to seeing vivid blue lupine’s.

I also like the convergence happening with the clouds in the sky.

Any chance you made a couple rendition so we can compare?

Oh my, this is interesting. They look like skyscrapers. Am I the only one that sees this as a Manhattan skyline scene? Maybe I’m just different.

Ah, I remember this morning well, it was really quite spectacular conditions for us to shoot.

I really like your idea to convert this to B&W, the lupines look really impressive this way. You did not indicate what focal length was used, but from the perspective I’m guessing this was at 16mm. This exaggerated perspective also gives the lupines a lot of visual impact. I think the B&W and the wide angle distortion create a lot of impact. This is a a really strong image IMO.

My only suggestion for improvements is a subtle one. The vignetting in the upper left corner (ULC) feels slightly heavy. The sky on the left side is much darker than the sky on the right. I might try to balance the luminosity of the sky a little bit by slightly dodging the ULC.

Really nice. I never would have thought lupines could be presented this well in B&W because of tonal seperation, but the luminosity of the flowers looks great.

Sweeping depth captured here, with the FG disappearing into the mist and then the wide-angle clouds! I’d love to see a color version but this is very lovely! Good idea to lighten the UL a bit and maybe balance with a slight darkening of the UR.

Good analogy, skyscrapers. And to borrow one of your earlier lines from Crocodile Dundee
" Now that’s a Lupine!!" much taller in NH than the little ones you have out west…