Cabbage leaf

Cabbage leaf in my tiny garden, after rainfall. Like the pattern, the rain drops increase the interest.
Olympus EM-1, 60 mm macro lens, 1/8, f/11, ISO 200

What technical feedback would you like if any?

How could the image be improved in post-processing?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

More or less to be included in the frame?

Ola, first I would like to say welcome to NPN. I hope you find this site to be everything you hoped it to be. I know that I have learned so much here, and enjoy viewing others images, and reading the critiques.

This a a fine first post. I love the rain drops on the cabbage. The deep rich colors of the leaves in the center, with almost like a vignette of fading to green around the corners, and the nice veins running through the leaves, all adds to a very nice the frame filled image. Very well seen and captured. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and reading some of your critiques.

Ola, welcome to NPN. The raindrops and what is reflected in them do add lots of interest to an enjoyable pattern and some good looking colors. This looks like a subject where a number of different ideas could be tried. With more drops on the left, you might move the cabbage center a bit to the right or you could move in a bit closer to remove the green leaves at the edges and emphasize the color. This looks great as presented, so those are thoughts for the future.

Ola: Welcome to NPN and thanks for bringing back some fond memories. We had some cabbage like this in our garden many years ago and I got one of my first weekly picks with an image somewhat like this. I especially like the drops. Like Mark I can see a number of different crops. I do like this relatively wide view. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more of your work and comments on others’ images. >=))>

Thank you for your input, I really like the pattern and the colors.

1 Like

Thank you, I really appreciate the input. I will play around with how to position the cabbage within the frame.

Thanks Bill, I will for sure test different crops.