Calabrian Colour

This image was made during a morning walk through a park in Tropea. The colours of the vegetation on the ground mirrored in this nervous stray caught my eye. And who can complain about the quality of the light in the Mediterranean?

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all is appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D70, Sigma 24/70 f/2.8 at 70mm, 1/320 @ f/2.8, ISO 200

1 Like

Good looking capture of the kitty. I might tone down the rocks on the right, but minor.

A fine image of the cat, Bill. I really like the setting along the path, but to me the tree trunk is a major distraction. I went to the largest image and it looks as if you have the pixels (at least for web presentation) to crop considerably more. I’d be tempted to go to a more horizontal format with little or none of the tree trunk showing. I agree with Harley on toning down the brighter rocks on the right, though they don’t seem to distract much.

Hi Bill, nice light indeed and nice expression from the cat. I think the suggestions mentioned above would be worth exploring. Well seen and taken.

Hi Bill! I really love the colors and the leading lines of the sidewalk giving the cute cat movement. If you hadn’t said the cat was nervous, my first impression was that s/he looks curious and is walking towards you for a pet! Really like this!

@Harley_Goldman @Dennis_Plank @Allen_Sparks @Vanessa_Hill - thank you all for your kind comments. I’ve added a version incorporating your suggestions. I do think, however that I prefer the original version with the tree. I like the colour and texture it adds to the scene. Personal preference I guess. Hope you all have wonderful weekends.