Calanthe discolor

Calanthe discolor is orchid native to Japan, Korea and China. It’s called “Ebine” in Japan which means “shrimp-root”, because its root looks like a shrimp. I shot this after rain in overcast light.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique or comments are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes Focus stacking
Canon EOSRP, Canon Macro 180mm, f3.5

1 Like

Lovely! Excellent job of stacking and I like that some of the back blossoms are slightly OOF.

Oh these are amazing. The color combinations nature comes up with are never ending. The stack looks terrific and I love how OOF the background remains. I don’t know if it happened naturally because of the long focal length, or if you painted it in, but it works perfectly. Thanks for sharing these beauties with us.

The vibrant colors and great detail are wonderful, Naofumi. The vertical composition fit the flower very nicely. Beautiful capture.

Naofuma, the stack looks very good here. It’s a lovely orchid with the background adding well to the sense of warmth and invitation.

Naofumi: Marvelous subject and a superb capture. Your BG management makes the shot for me. Top notch! >=))>

Excellent shot, Naofumi. I love how the background suggests a lush garden setting.

Excellent presentation of a beautiful orchid. As said, the background colors mimic the variety of color in the flower. Well done.

Nao, Beautiful flowers done very well. Good stacking separates the flowers from background, which also looks great. I love the intricate details in flowers that is brought out well by stacking.