Calendula

For me, the water droplets make the shot.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; 100 mm macro; 1/10 at f22; -1/3 EV; ISO 100; tripod

I agree Allen, the water droplets are perfectly wonderful. Also really like how you’ve composed the flowers and the colors. Wow, nicely done.

1 Like

I agree also Allen, the water droplets are excellent. Nice and sharp. I think the framing of the three flowers works really well too, and the yellow really pops against the background. If I could suggest anything, it would maybe be to de-saturate the orange flowers slightly, just to prevent them from distracting from the gorgeous foreground. But overall a really beautiful shot!

1 Like

Indeed, the water drops make it.
My one ‘nit to pick’ is where the crop hits right rear flower. As it sits it feels to me like you’ve cut off a pair of finger tips. Given the positions of all the other elements I wish you had framed just a hair higher (or wider) to include that entire bloom.

1 Like

Allen, the drops do add a special touch. Both they and the main subject are tack sharp. The coordinating colors in the oof flowers blend well and add a nice bit of extra interest.

1 Like

I love the colors in this shot and the really sharp focus on the yellow flower. The background and orange flowers are blurred in good contrast to the subject. I agree with the suggestion to add space on the top edge. I noticed the awkwardness of the orange petals on the edge right away. This image just shouted out to me with its colors and clarity!

1 Like

Sorry I missed this one Allen. This is really nice. Love the bright yellow flower, and those water drops are icing on the cake. Great capture. :+1:

1 Like

Water drops make this shot indded! Beautiful colors details. Agree with a little more room on the top. I would also like to include remaining orange flower to the left. This looks like a tight frame, but I love it as it is. Great image.

1 Like

Very lovely and colorful capture Allen! I think the water droplets take this shot up two notches, would not be as good without them!

1 Like