Canada Anemone

Took this image a couple of months ago. They bloom in late spring and last a month or so.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod

f/16, 1/50, ISO 640
Canon DPP4 for RAW, PSCC, no crop. a couple of dark spots in the background clones out.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Beautiful flower amazingly detailed! Its stems look very much like Christmas Cactus. I do find the partial stem on the right attached to the flower to be a little distracting. It takes attention away from the flower

Thanks Lana, that is the edge of the leaf that is curved, looks like a stem. Agree it draws attention. I am reposting it with that toned down.

Ravi: Solid capture of this beauty. I’m OK with the leaf edge and actually prefer the original. The clarity of the center parts is especially nice. Well done. >=))>

A lovely flower with very nice detail and a subdued BG that gives a good context without distracting. I’m always conflicted about how much detail to bring out in whites, exposure permitting., and of course it is the artist’s choice, but I wonder about a version with a little more here. Sensors don’t always record what we think we see.

Thanks Diane for your comment. I wanted the flower to look white against the darker background. Sometimes bringing details tones down the whites. Here is an attempt to bring the details and maintain the whites of the flower.

Whites are difficult, but I find this is better to grab my attention.

Ravi - Very nice image of this flower. With regard to the detail in whites, I don’t know how, but I do like what you did here. One tool which I find useful in cases like this is the “texture” slider in LR. Also sometimes the “dehaze” slider can help. And of course sharpening also can bring out details - all in LR.

Hi Greg,
Thanks for commenet and suggestions. I don’t use Lightroom, but I used the same same tools in PS by going to RAW filter. In addition to texture and dehaze, I also used some clarity slider that brought out the details. I used to use NIK detail extractor for bringong out details, but the above method works better than that.