Can't resist a rose

I was at Patton’s which is an Audubon sponsored preserve out side of Patagonia,AZ. They have lots of feeders and attract many different species. However, 99% of the time, they are at the feeders. I saw this rose and waited for about 20minutes before one came up to investigate and then put his bill and most of his head into the flower. I love the lone rose.
This most likely is a female, juvenile Broad Bill. Certainly the most common at this time.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything is always helpful.

Technical Details

CanonR6, Canon 100-500, 1/2000sec, 254mm, f/6.3, ISO 6400,Hand held.s,
LR for cropping an minor adjustments. Topaz AI denoise.

1 Like

Hi Charlie, I like the pose of the hummingbird with the wings back and nice view of the eye and body. Also like the rose overall with a nice eye popping color even though some of it in the middle looks hot. The background looks nice and is complimentary to the image. Too bad the wings are partially behind the leaves on the left. Only other thing I notice is that the hummer looks rather pixelated in the large version. Still, a pleasing photo overall.

Hi Charlie
I like the over all framing of this photograph, but I think Topaz AI denoise did you in. There are just to many artifacts in this shot.
Peter

Good job getting this in the situation that you had. The image is a little busy but I like the the pose and the action. I think you could clean up the upper right-hand corner. Keep up the good work!