Cerebrum

I was looking back through some photos I shot in 2018, and I got inspired to share this one that I shot toward the end of that year. This southwestern desert is definitely one of the coolest and mind-blowing places I’ve had the honor to explore so far. Can’t wait to go back there one day to see more of this awesome place! Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Positive

#IG @dasilvahelder

2 Likes

Helder,

Welcome to NPN! What a fantastic first post! This is wonderful. I love the “blue hour” look to this with the colors and hues.

Great job getting detail front to back, and including the stars. Well done! Did you do a focus stack on this?

Welcome aboard. Look forward to more of your work and your participation in the critique galleries. Don’t be shy!

Lon

Helder, this is very nice. The color palette is beautiful, and I like the composition looking up at the tower and sky. My only wish is to see all of Orion in the sky. I think because it is such an easily identifiable constellation, it sticks out to me that it’s cut off a bit.

This is quite excellent. I love how the lines in the foreground rock formations launch my eyes right to the stars. The light, colours and textures of the rocks are all really nice but I wish had included Orion’s shoulder (the star Betelgeuse) in the image. That would have taken this image over the top!

Welcome Helder!!

Hopefully we see a lot more like this; this is lovely! Given the warm colors, I’m assuming it’s a blend? It looks great. No deal breaker by any means, but Orion is so recognizable I agree with @Tom_Wilson about Betelgeuse.

Hello Helder - thanks for posting such a beautiful photo. I’m fond of blues and purples, and the way they grade in tonality across the frame is lovely. And the textures in the rocks are super. Hope to see more of your work!

Welcome to NPN Helder. Wonderful image of the desert. The first thing that caught my eyes are the beautiful gradient colors going from purple to light blue. From my point of view, you did an outstanding job of capturing the loneliness of the area.

Welcome Helder,

Wonderful photograph from front to back interest. I especially love Orion in the sky. To bad you did not get Betelgeuse (Orion’s top left star) in there as well.

Hope to see more of what you have captured in the world.

First off welcome to NPN, Helder! This is a flat out gorgeous first post. I love the otherworldly feel you captured with this image as well as the combination of warm and cool tones. The larger version shows off the lovely details and textures of the FG rock formation as it pulls me to that lovely night time sky. No suggestions from me.

Boas Helder, Benvindo.

É um prazer receber aqui mais um português e tenho a certeza que irás ter enormes contributos para esta comunidade e que te iras sentir “em casa” no que toca a fotografia.

So, now on English, Great image, love the way those lines lead the eyes to that upper rocks and those beautifull stars (i think those 3 are commonly known in Portugal as 3 Marie’s - 3 Marias).
I have nothing to point on these gorgeous image.
Thanks for sharing, and again welcome

Abraço - Cheers