Change of Seasons

In Colorado, altitude determines almost everything. It may be Fall down in Red Rock Open Space in the Springs, but it’s Winter on Pikes Peak!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D300, Nikkor 18-105 @ 50, ISO400, 1/800 @ f8

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

It’s a very pretty scene. But I do wish the light was less harsh, and if mine, I’d clone out the fellow walking.

This image has it all, mountains, desert, and forest. The clash of seasons makes for an interesting subject. I initially did not see the person, but after reading @Lyle_Gruby comments, well now I can’t un-see that person. I would clone the person away. I think the composition is nicely balanced, I like how you used the tree on the right as a framing element.

Your comments nail it; the image really displays multiple seasons in a single image. I agree with both of Lyle’s comments; it would be very interesting to compare an image from the “golden hours.”