Cleaning Up

A Wood Duck making sure all of it’s feathers are nice and clean.

Technical Details

Composite: No
Shot with my 100-400mm at 400mm, ISO 400, aperture set at f8, shutter speed set at 1/800. Balanced the exposure in Lightroom and enhanced the sharpness using Topaz Lab Sharpen AI.

John, welcome to NPN. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. What a wonderful first post! I have never had an opportunity to capture a shot of a Wood Duck. They are so colorful. I’m not sure if you posted this where you wanted or not, since you are new to the site. In Showcase, we are not allowed to critique. So, if you wish to have any of your images critiqued, you would want to post them in the critique galleries. If you ever post an image in a gallery and wish you had placed it in another, just let us know and we can move it for you.

Again, welcome to NPN.

Welcome aboard, John! Nice to open with what I know to be a very popular subject around here. Woodies are so special and you have some nice behavior here.

Please feel free to join in the conversations you see happening. We are a community of nature photographers passionate about our craft and improving it. Do have a read through the guidelines so you can feel more comfortable about posting and replying. If you have any questions just ping a moderator and we’ll do our best.

Welcome aboard, John. What a wonderful first image. I hope to see more of your work.

Cheers,
David