Coddled Stumps

I was mesmerized by the clover on the floor. It seemed to encircle everything, very cozy feeling. Light a bonus.

Specific Feedback Requested

any appreciated

Technical Details

47mm f/13 1/4 sec iso 640

2 Likes

Did you shoot this with a tripod? I often see scenes like this but unless the camera is already set up I skip them because by the time I get things organized the lighting has changed. I like this very much. There are a couple of splashes of light on the sorrels in the lower right I would fix. I might also raise the shadows just a fraction in the bottom right area (very little).

Yes Igor, I used a tripod and had to move fast all morning to capture the light in scenes. Repost has suggested edits plus reduced exposure a hair in LLC

2 Likes

The re-edit is pretty sweet. I love stumps like this. It’s wood sorrel, btw, not clover. It makes lovely pale flowers. I like the mix of sun and shade here and the way the plants continue down and around the stump. If you can get them flowering, do. I know where there is some near me and I really need to make the effort. Beautiful plant.

Great job on the repost, Mario. I’ve tried shooting these kinds of scenes but never get them right. This one works nicely.

Excellent composition, light, and color Mario. Your repost looks great.

I am with @Igor_Doncov about shooting scene like this. Every time I get to it, the magic is gone.

Beautiful rework, Mario!!

Mario,

Wonderful, intimate ancient forest floor image. The repost is much improved I think. Further suggestion would be to crop or clone the one set of pedals on the lower left edge. At least for me it’s an eye magnet. You know me and border patrol! :slight_smile:

As with all suggestions, they’re subjective and personal choice… but you might consider burning the very bottom edge of the leaves (not so much you reduce the spotlighting effect…) and also maybe even warm that light - just a tad but maybe introduce the warm/cool light in the scene. Very minor.

Love that stump and the light you’ve captured. Beautifully seen and captured.

Lon

Thank you for your comments @Kris_Smith @Lon_Overacker @Eva_McDermott @Adhika_Lie @David_Bostock