Colorado Morning Reflection Magic

Some mornings you get up after a pretty long day of photography the day before and think… I’m going to stay in the hotel for a while longer and enjoy that extra cup of coffee. Then you realize, fleeting moments may only last a short time, so off you go. Thank goodness I opted for the “off you go” option. I arrived at this scene about 10 minutes before the magic happened and I was set up and ready. I always sit/stand in awe when I see things like this and realize this is why photography is such an important part of my life.

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

Captured with a Canon 5D Mark IV, 16-35 f/4 at 16mm…

.5 sec, f/8, ISO 200

If this is a composite please be honest with your techniques and share some details so others can learn:

Single image processed in LR, PS using luminance masks to help with tonal balance.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
3 Likes

Keith, really beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it and passing on the extra cup of coffee.

Stunning, Keith. Great lines and beautiful array of colors.

1 Like

This is great man, it’s hard to look away from that sunrise. I find that I never regret forcing myself to go out for sunrise even when conditions aren’t good!

A killer reflection photo with striking symmetry, Keith! You have to view the large version to truly appreciate it. This should be entered in the current challenge (reflections)!

1 Like

Keith, this is one of those special moments in nature that we as photographers are sometimes lucky enough to experience. And you made the most of it with this image, especially from just one exposure.

1 Like