Come to Stillness

Image Description

very emotional not a technical photo. I shot this at a Vietnam Veterans Memorial. I loved the spiral part of the plant and the unusual shape.

Type of Critique Requested

• Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

The title says everything " Come to Stillness" PEACE to the Planet !!! I decided to go high contrast giving white this harsh look and black being so dark. hopefully catch other tones as well. It’s almost has an abstract vibe to it. It just represents to me CALM after the Storm… I wrote a song " Come to Stillness " on my nylon guitar. Its online. For me the art of photography and music are the same.

Gill, you have found a very interesting subject and captured it nicely. I like that you are shooting what looks to be the “bugs eye view” from below, look up to the underside of the leaf. I am guessing that the “star” is a little bloom? Anyway, I too like the spiral part of the plant. The contrast of whites and darks work well. I like how the stems go through the frame and meet in the middle. Right off I can’t think what you could do to improve this image. Maybe others have a thought. Nicely seen and captured.

Thanks. It has a personal vibe to me. Where I shot it is a part of the story.
I wrote music for the photo.

Peace to you.

1 Like