Concentration

I was with a friend sitting in the back seat of his jeep and we were driving through the farm fields when we saw this guy ( Common Buzzard) sitting on the fence pole looking for food.
We approached in the car very, slowly every couple of meters stopping to take a few shots. We managed to get within 6 meters and stopped -He just kept looking around to see if something was moving on the ground. The adrenaline was incredible after about 4 minutes he flew off and landed on a pole about 50 meters away.
This is a crop of around about 50% of the original.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
NIKON D500
SIGMA 150-600 S
ISO 800
1/800
f10

Levels and crop with a slight bit of sharpening

2 Likes

Wonderful detail! And I love the subtle multicolored BG. Raptors do concentrate, don’t they. I’m trying to figure out where you are, as this would be a hawk in the US.

Thank you yes this is a description Taken from the Web:
I live in Israel and about 45 minutes from my home the Great Rift Valley passes -It starts in Turkey all the way down south of lake Victoria in central Africa-A major migratory route from N-S and then back from S-N .

buzzard hawks

In North America, Buteo species are called buteos, buzzard hawks, or simply hawks. True buzzards, or buteos, constitute the subfamily Buteoninae of the family Accipitridae. When in flight, they can usually be distinguished from other birds of prey by their broad wings and expansive rounded tails.

Very nice portrait. He certainly does look as if he is intent on something. I like the background as well.

Excellent detail for a large crop. Well composed. Superb color on the plumage. If I were going to make any changes I might lighten the eye and darken the yellow part of the beak but just slightly. Wonderful image.