Connection (b&w image added)

Yesterday evening when arriving to my weekend cottage, I took a walk down to the beach and captured this image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Not many people would take this shot. Kudos for having the guts to do it. I think of Waste Land. It’s an emotionally heavy image and in my opinion reflects something within a person. I’m curious if the emotion can be enhanced with b&w. You could also desaturate some of the color in the sky to go with emotion you’re expressing.

@Igor_Doncov, thanks for your comment and suggestions for improvements.

Here is an attempt in b&w:

I like the B&W for the separation of tones in the grass. Amazing that you have movement in the sky, but not in the grass. As calm as everything appears, there’s a sense of menace here. The possibility of a storm out beyond the horizon. It stirs emotion.

Your weekend cabin must be a joy. Do you use it year round or only when winter isn’t hammering down on you?

@_Kris and @Igor_Doncov, thanks for your kind comments. Kristen, we close down this cabin situated at the southern coast during the winter months, but we also have a time share cabin in the north that we visit some weeks during the winter and autumn.n

1 Like