Cory Pass

I was fortunate to have this dramatic sky and light while nearing the high point of a hike in Banff National park, Alberta Canada. The light was changing quickly and I took this shot handheld before it disappeared.

Specific Feedback Requested

Not sure if the upper Left corner is too dark or if I should darken some of the bottom right corner

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
F16, 1/160, ISO200. 16mm on full frame.

@bryannelsonca
1 Like

This is really nice, Bryan. And B&W works quite well to give us the luminescent quality.

I might consider lightening both the upper and lower left corners a bit. That would balance it out with the rest of the image. I think the lower right looks fine.

Cool shot.

This is a very dramatic image Bryan, and i love the strong diagonal lines in your composition. The spot light effect on the peak is just wonderful.

I agree with David’s suggestion, I think it can be done without losing any of the drama.

What wonderful clouds to complement the lighting on the peak! I think the suggestions about lightening are worth looking at, if you can hold contrast.

What a great image you managed to capture here! Sometimes it is good to manage the camera quickly. The choice of b&w rendering is perfect, it emphasizes very good the dramatic sky and the lit-up mountain top. I in fact like the the continuous change from the very dark lower left part up to the lighter mountain top. No change needed for me.

Excellent … really nice point of view / perspective here @bryannelsonca , in combination with the light it creates a captivating image. Nicely done.