Cottage on the Moors

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: Canon 7D, 10-22 @ 10, 1/800 @ f9, ISO 250

An old cottage on the English county estate of Lyme Park in Cheshire. Far from the `big house ', it was built in the early 17th century as a hunting lodge. I think the conversion perhaps best captures something of its age ?

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I agree, the conversion works well to show off this great old cottage. Maybe a CCW rotation or lens correction to straighten out the building a bit?

Ian, a fine looking old building and yes best presented in B&W as you’ve done here. I might play with lens correction too a bit as Harley stated. Seems slightly “keystoned” at the top, but maybe it’s just the old building leaning away up there…:sunglasses:

I like the black and white conversion, Ian. It does emphasize the age of the building. To me, the brick work is the key to the age in this image. I don’t know if the conditions are ever right, but I’d love to see a shot of this with the light grazing the near side at a very shallow angle to really bring that structure out. Still a fine image that really elicits a sense of place.