Crested Butte Fire

Well this morning was interesting! I have been shooting a ton lately and decided to sleep in. Luckily, I woke up at exactly 6:33 anyway and looked out the window…storm clouds everywhere and a break to east! I had pants on, drone loaded and was out the door in about 2 minutes flat, no joke. Hauled ass to a favorite spot and had the drone up just as this color started to show at 6:55. It was close! Definitely a lucky guy to have this within 15 minutes of my house, I know

!:slight_smile:

Pertinent technical details or techniques to help others learn:

DJI Inspire 2/X7. ISO 100, F2.8, 1/40 sec. Two shot pano. I did a very, very small amount of stretching to bring this back to normal as the pano flattened the peak.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
2 Likes

Lucky indeed to have those beautiful views! Really nice, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Really nice sky. With how things are going soon you’ll be able to fly the drone out of your window and shoot in your pajamas from the comfort of your warm bed.

This really turned out sweet Dan! Great timing and execution.

1 Like

Spectacular! Worth the hustle.

1 Like

Beautifully done. The sky is always processed perfectly in your images, something many of us struggle with.

1 Like

Beautiful ! A great way to start the day. When I saw the post title in my email notification, I was dismayed that a wildfire was burning.through those incredible aspen forests. What a relief to see the sunrise!

2 Likes

This is pretty, Dan, and nicely put together in post. After having seen so much impressive drone photography in recent years, I’m convinced there’s little doubt that drones are definitely the thing of the future, and a whole new discipline.

1 Like

Haha, hey that sounds pretty good! Who needs the real world anyway!:wink:

Thanks Igor, I always struggle as well. Especially with a sky like this. I had to go in with a brush and work on those highlights to make sure they weren’t blown out.

Hey Bill, dang didn’t even think about that!! Sorry for the scare. Me too!

Yeah, they really are. It gives you such new sense of freedom and ability to have a unique perspective. Of course, lots of issues as well and it will be harder and harder to find places you can fly as time goes on.