Curves and Lines - Grand Designs

Hi all:

Lately I’ve been putting a lot of myself into our YouTube channel. I’ve been sharing a lot of what I know and the feedback has been great. I don’t do rules. I don’t do conventions. I want me to be me, and you to be you. If you’re interested in our work, check out the channel https://www.youtube.com/c/expressivephotography

I feel so privileged to be able to work with David and Jennifer on NPN, I love this community and what it stands for.

Please list any pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

12 Likes

This is just “wow” for me Alister. Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

This is super cool Alister. It looks like the spine of some sand serpent! I love the contrast between light on the left, and shadows on the right.

1 Like

All I can say is wow Alister. One of the best sand dune images I’ve seen in a long time (and there are a lot of them floating around). I think use of an ultra-strong vertical composition is part of what sets this apart for me. so many dune images seem to be done as horizontals, but this just rocks as a vertical. And those ripples in the foreground dune are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing this with us.

1 Like

Hey, I recognize this photo! Hmmm, who was that photographer again… hmmmm
Beautiful as always. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks for your comment also, much appreciated.

Sincere thanks Ed for your thoughtful and insightful comment. This is another one of those, where if we submit to conventions, we’d be trying to work around the obvious line of the image. Thanks again.

yeah, I’m everywhere these days!! - Thanks Barb.

Ha, yes, Dune-esque :slight_smile:

Jealous. I don’t know this location but your image moves White Sands Nat’l Park higher on my list of places to visit.

1 Like

:slight_smile: thanks for that, it’s a bit more remote than that! It’s in the middle of the Gobi Desert in Western China.

1 Like

Lovely image! A lot to take in here, love the contrast between the harsh lines and soft middle curves. I keep coming back and just staring at the image.
P.S. I love this network as well, great positive community to be a part of.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Gorgeous and seductive light on an unblemished subject.