Dancing birch trees

Yesterday evening I went for an ICM walk along the beach close to my summer cottage. Facing away from the Sea, I saw this group of birch trees. Obviously, I rotated my camera during the exposure.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/9, 1.6 sec., ISO 100, Olympus pancake kens 14-42 at 25 mm (50 mm equiv.), travel camera Olympus PEN- E-P7

3 Likes

Oh this is really interesting. You picked a perfect subject. The contrasts are terrific and I like that the different spin aspects come through really well - that it’s most obvious the lens has traveled on the outer edges leaving the center more identifiable. The whites seem a tad magenta to me so maybe a tweak there would improve things. I’m going to have to try this one day.

The spin was just the right technique for the trees. The white bark contrasts nicely with the foliage. It has a nice dreamy feel to it. Well done, Ola.

Ola, your creativity continues to impress me, this is a very neat looking ICM, one that has a different twist (pun intended). This view is like staring into some kind of vortex or wormhole. I especially like how the yellow in the ULC is balanced by the green in the URC, that worked really well for you here. I also like that you used relatively strong color and contrast in this ICM, it is very fitting for such a high energy image.

Stunning creativity! All said above – simply wonderful! It’s so nice that the trunks are identifiable.

Very nice!

It’s refreshing to see this genera of images circular.

Ola, my mouth is wide open here and after the Wow, the Ooh, and the Aah: “How on earth did this idea come to Ola’s mind?”

1 Like

@paul_g_wiegman, @David_Bostock, @Kris_Smith, @Adhika_Lie, @Diane_Miller and @Ed_McGuirk thanks for your kind comments.

Agree! Thanks for pointing this out.

That´s the question - Not even I know!