Death Valley National Park with Colleen Miniuk-Sperry/CMS Photography
February 7-11, 2019
Limited to 8 people (co-ed) - One spot left!
Register now at http://cms-photo.com/Workshops/2019DeathValley.html.
Join Colleen for this desert-based photographic exploration in Death Valley National Park, where the landscape teams with life, movement, and visual inspiration to satisfy even the most discriminating landscape photographer. Feel alive here with curiosity and adventure!
In an learning-intensive, supportive, and small group setting, where pushing yourself to try new things will be encouraged, attendees will learn more about how to:
- Incorporate the creative process into your photography to make unique and meaningful images
- Connect more deeply with Death Valley’s grand and intimate landscapes through mindful observations
- Tap into visualization, visual language/composition, and lighting techniques to create unique and emotional visual expressions
- Technically translate what you know, see, and feel into an effective photograph using exposure controls, depth of field, filters, etc.
To put our learnings and skills to use in the field, we’ll visit photogenic locations like Badwater Salt Flats, Zabriskie Point, and Dante’s View while exploring unnamed and lesser-known locations as well. Participants will get immediate feedback on their work in the field and during image critique sessions.
Best suited for active, sure-footed participants who are capable of hiking up to two-miles round-trip on uneven, rocky or sandy uphill terrain while carrying their gear.
Workshop Fee Includes:
- 4 nights lodging, from Wednesday, February 7 until Sunday, February 11 (double-occupancy; limited single occupancy available upon request for an additional $400–please request early!)
- Welcome dinner and drinks at Stovepipe Wells on February 7
- Light breakfast snacks on February 9, 10, and 11
- Photography instruction (classroom, field, critiques) and handouts
- Death Valley National Park CUA permit and park entrance fees
- An invitation to join the closed “CMS Photography: Workshop Alumni Forum” Facebook group
- Airfare (closest airport is Las Vegas, NV)
- Transportation to/from/during the workshop (carpooling will be encouraged due to permit restrictions)
- Meals on February 8-11
- Trip insurance
Reserve your spot now by visiting http://cms-photo.com/Workshops/2019DeathValley.html.
All cancellations must be provided in writing. Cancellations made:
- > 90 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted
- 89-61 days prior to the workshop start date: A full refund, minus the full deposit paid will be granted
- > 60 days prior to the workshop start date: No refunds will be issued.
If the vacated spot happens to fill prior to the workshop at any time, then a full refund, including the balance paid and the deposit minus a $50 administrative fee, will be granted.
There are no exceptions to this policy. CMS Photography strongly encourages you to purchase trip insurance to protect yourself in the event of unexpected circumstances preventing you from attending our workshops.