Desert Light

On one of my trips to Capitol Reef National Park, I hadn’t planned on shooting this scene in particular. However when the light did hit these trees and hills during sunset, it was pure magic. I had very limited time and in a hurry I bumped against my tripod and ruined the shot. I drove back to the same spot the following week and was able to capture this scene.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Olympus EM5 MK II, ISO 200, 1/25s, f/14, 600mm equivalent.

Please do not critique this image. Galleries are for sharing and discussion only.
5 Likes

Prajit,

This is awesome, gorgeous and special. No doubt you are quite happy you were able to return and revisit this visual treat.

Aside from the light, colors, layers, etc., this has very “diorama” look and feel to it. The trees almost look miniature. that’s no nitpick or critique, just wonderful visual I’m seeing.

Lon

Thanks Lon! I see what you mean by miniature. Also I learned a new word - diorama :slight_smile:

Prajit, this is a beautiful study of light and shadow. Your processing is right on the money here too, those reds and orange highlights could have easily burned out, but they look perfect. I’m glad you were able to return to this scene, you came away with something memorable.

I agree with the comments already made. The light is really special and you composition really draws the eye into the image. This makes me wish I had been there to experience the scene.