Desire of a tree

When I could walk some
I would go straight up that hill
To see the whole world

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

A really nice take on this Ben. The overall exposure seems to reflect the mood very well and the composition, color, lighting are to my taste too!

Very cool image, Ben. I like the positioning and the framing. The colors and light are as always, excellent.

What luscious light! It’s especially nice on the branches close to the main trunk. Has the tree walked up the hill to see the world? The sense I get from its gesture is that it is reaching down the hill, towards the light. Lovely.

Bonnie, I did not ask the tree, next time I see him(her) I will ask and let you know which way he(she)was going! thank’s for your comment. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I get that same sense too Ben. It’s a theme that is recurring in a lot of your woodland images where you establish a strong relationship between the visual flow of a tree and the light in the image.

Having the left half of the image being darker helps tell the story of reaching towards the light. But I’m also intrigued by the small patches of light hitting the trunk of the tree. I might suggest doing some gentle dodging to those those bright patches to accentuate them even more. Here is a rework using a TK Lights 1 luminosity mask to target those brighter areas. It’s subtle, but I think it helps.

A tremendous image. The shape and overall structure of the tree is so different from how one is usually portrayed. This one is low and sheltering. The gradation of light is wonderful also. You sure have an eye for this. It’s gentle, yet the highlights in Ed’s version give it even more life and energy. I like the stage the tree is in as well - some green, but changing to golden brown. A winner.

1 Like

@Karl_Zuzarte , @David_Bostock , @Bonnie_Lampley , @Kris_Smith , @Ed_McGuirk , He came out of the light and is looking for the world behind the open hole at the left. I think .
It’s fun to try and see a story in those tree movements. In this part of the forest are many strange tree-shapes and movements if you like, with often a story.
Thank you all for your reactions and Ed @Ed_McGuirk for the rework and suggestions.

1 Like