Dream Coupe

This is another made with a 4x5, but with a 100 year old lens that yields a huge glow when shot wide open. The film was Delta 100, made back in 2011 at Bodie (pyro film processing for any B&W shooters who have souped their own). Bodie is a fun place to play with old lenses and just in general.

WOW!! I’ve never had one of the soft-focus lenses, but this one looks like it gets the prize – what an awesome dream glow! And an awesome subject!

Very cool, Harley. And that was done with a lens, wow. I would love to play with a lens like that in the digital world. what fun.

I love your composition on this too. Nice.

Wonderful soft effect, Harley, it works so well with this old coupe. Great subject and perfect execution. Nicely done.

Harley, this is a really neat looking old 2 door Coupe. I think I recall this image or similar ones where you’d used that old lens. It provides a bit of mystery look to the old ride. Really a fine soft-focus gaze or glaze to it.
Kind of reminds me of the car that was used in the movie “High Sierra” with Humphrey Bogart & Ida Lupino. As I recall the little dog was called Pard, but in fact was actually Mr. Bogart’s own dog Zero.

Harley, this is way cool! The mix of lens softness and glow with grasses has me thinking of a dirt track racer sliding around a corner…just missing it’s driver. The old car seems like a perfect foil for the specialty lens.