E114 Discussion - David Hunter and Artist Residencies

E114 Discussion - David Hunter and Artist Residencies

Hello listeners! What did you think of this week’s episode with David Hunter? I personally enjoyed the discussion with David and want to search out some unique artist in residency programs to do.

3 Likes

Great episode, you guys! It’s nice to hear so much detailed discussion of working in one particular, offbeat landscape. I really liked the bonus discussion of images, too. It’s kind of a rare treat to hear someone discuss specific images in detail like that, rather than generalities. I wonder if it would make an interesting special episode sometime to get a few photographers discussing some favorite images in detail (maybe one of their own and a couple by other artists), less from a technical standpoint and more focusing on artistic, emotional or interpretive aspects.

3 Likes

Thanks Jackson, I think you might be on to something =)

2 Likes

Another great episode @Matt_Payne. I like these episodes that bring a unique POV and learn something from listening. David was clearly very knowledgeable about Craters of the Moon. The only other photo I’ve seen from there previously was by Philip Hyde at a museum about ten years ago.

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed this one, Richard! It certainly made me want to go to a similar place myself and just see what I could come away with. It sounds like a great experience.

2 Likes

For sure. People always complain about Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend crowds but the question is why go there then? There are a ton of other places out there that get almost no visitation including about a third of our national parks.

1 Like
Back
Forward