E208 Discussion: Krista McCuish

This week I was joined by a photographer from Halifax, Nova Scotia - Krista McCuish .

Krista has lived a life filled with a variety of interests, jobs and curiosities which she has leveraged and turned inwards into the creation of some very personally expressive photographs of intimate subjects very close to home.

Krista has an innate ability to bring her experiences as an attentive observer of nature into the creation of some really wonderful nature photography. Krista and I covered a lot of ground on the show this week, including:

• How Krista’s backgrounds and interests inform her creative process.
  • Krista’s home studio which is filled with natural curiosities.
  • How Krista’s approach to photographing close to home has inspired her to create her photographs.
  • How and why Krista shows a sense of mystery and wonder through her images.
  • And lots more!

Over on Patreon this week, Krista answers the question, “do we always need to be highly productive and have a presence on social media to feel accomplished?”

Have a listen and let us know what you thought of the episode!

Hey Matt … I’m loving the podcast … have been binge-listening during a few recent road trips and during my nightly dog walk. Just joined NPN … thanks for mentioning it on the podcast … didn’t know it existed. Cheers - Jon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to see you here Jon! Sometimes I don’t know if people are listening and actually taking action on the things I suggest (like joining NPN) - so it’s awesome feedback - thanks man!

I also need to thank you again for inviting me to Clubhouse … so I have even more distractions from working :wink:

1 Like

You are very welcome! I hope you are not TOO distracted =D

1 Like