Echoes of Time

I didn’t realize it at the time that this was an iconic location. I was driving through this Utah national park with my family in our rented sprinter van when I noticed the sign stating “overlook”. I pulled up, walked a short distance, and my mouth just dropped wide open. The sky was rather bland so I focused on a tighter perspective with my 100-400 lens.

Technical Details

Sony FE 100-400 GM, f11, ISO 400, 1/250 sec

10 Likes

Alfredo, there is a lot going on in your composition with multiple areas of interest for me. The diverse curves lead me into the depth in an appealing way, while the river in the center keeps it all together. Most interesting work to my eye, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I love the light in this one, Alfredo. Thanks so much for sharing the image and the story.

1 Like

Thanks so much Peter! Really happy you enjoyed the composition and depth of the image.

Many thanks David!!

Seeing an area for the first time - iconic or otherwise - during such wonderful light, must have been a great experience for you, Alfredo. I think you did well by not including the sky, instead going for the more intimate view, was a solid choice.

1 Like

Thank you Cody! The sky was really distracting to the scene. I’m happy you enjoyed the image.

1 Like