Elabana Falls

These falls are in Lamington National Park, Queensland, Australia. It’s a wonderful horsetail style falls amidst tropical rainforest. The walk was long getting down to the falls but seemed longer and harder going back up! I was pleasantly surprised to see this much water cascading in the middle of a long dry spell. Normally the position I was standing on would be about 3’ under water.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f11 ISO 100 24-70mm .40 sec tripod

Basic processing in ACR and taken into PS for a few Curves Layers in different areas.

3 Likes

Very nice and peaceful scene. Beautiful light in there.

Drop dead “wish I was there” gorgeous, glennie! The soft lighting adds to the peacefulness of the scene. Looks like it was worth the effort. Very nicely done.

Lovely scene, with excellent ss and exposure for the water! I love how the pattern of the illuminated leaves stands out from the soft darker BG. I think an alternative crop might be to come in from the left just into the bright tree, and maybe a bit off the bottom, to give more prominence to the falls. Or maybe you have other more telephoto compositions?

Whatever, it was well worth a long walk!

Glennie, the lighting is terrific. The scattered highlights add lots of interest to an otherwise darkly moody scene. It looks wonderfully peaceful. It must be much more dramatic when it’s running hard and your location is underwater.